Spotify Keeps Pausing Randomly

Solved!

Spotify Keeps Pausing Randomly

crystalfortress
Casual Listener

I'm having an issue where spotify randomly pauses, including the play/pause button switching to play (different from the other forum post I found on this subject), from what I can tell at random 5 or 10 second intervals.  At first I thought that maybe it was because it was being used elsewhere (my account is occasionally used by my stepdad), but there isn't the usual blue banner at the top of the spotify window saying it's being used elsewhere.  I tried turning off hardware acceleration and it did nothing.  Really hoping that a full reinstall isn't the only option, because I have huge amounts of songs saved locally.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Peter

Hey folks,

If you're experiencing this issue, first please check @SpotifyStatus and/or the Ongoing Issues board to make sure there isn't a larger issue.

If it's not an ongoing issue, then we'd like to suggest a few things which seem to have worked for other users:

@musicrider27 suggested clicking on 'sign out everywhere' on your account overview page here and then logging back in.

@bombardino16 suggested updating your phone's software.

We would also like to suggest the following:

• Reinstall the app
  • Restart your device
  • Restart your router
  • Try with different WiFi networks and 3G/4G.
  • Disable Battery and Power saving mode

If that still doesn't solve the issue for you, let us know and we'll look into it.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

97 Replies

jtaphouse4
Regular
I've had this trouble for the past month suddenly. Notifications come through and I have to go on the app for it to play again and most of the time I have to take it out my pocket and unlock my phone. I've found that clearing and uninstalling doesn't work. The best way if your using it on wifi is turn power saving off and if it still happens then I'm sorry but spotify need to **bleep**ing sort it out lol.

Freckleparty
Casual Listener

This is the same problem I’m having. It constantly pauses my music on my phone even when I’m offline. I don’t understand what it could be but it needs fixing.

sindar86
I do experience the same issue since some days...

Nexus 5x, no sd card available, everything up to date (as far as I can judge)

robinkeski
Casual Listener
Same issue. I'm also on Nexus 5x but the same thing occurs on my LG G2. I tried all the fixes in this thread but nothing helps. Several times a day Spotify will pause for no apparent reason, but only if I'm listening online (offline works fine).

Ikanpikan
I've got the same problem. But only on mobile devices.

bombardino16
Regular

Hello people!

After trying out different suggestions I discovered that updating my operating system ( android) solved the problem.  

Hope it works for you guys!

If it doesnt, you should email spotify support, they where very responsive and trying to solve the problem. 

user-removed
Not applicable
Yes. Resolved.

But i have a theory about this.

My Spotify was configured to store cache/music at SD Card.

The problem was occurred when Spotify blocks the access in to SD Card. So
when the app tries to read SD Card, then pause the music.

After reinstall, you are forced to store cache into Memory Device. In this
way solved the problem.

I´m still having "problem" to save into SD Card.

bombardino16
Regular

That is interesting.

Luckily I didnt have to reinstall.

I am glad is solved!

Crysero
Casual Listener
Same here

leannemlang
Casual Listener

I have the same problem here.   I have done the whole log every other device off, changed all of my passwords, uninstalled.  This thing just keep stopping.  I've just about had it.  I pay for premium service and this product is really ticking me off.

tremontem
Casual Listener

Have you found a solution to your problem? Two years later I still have issues with this exact problem. I am trying to escalate as much as possible. Turns out in order for Spotify to review community issues for app improvements, we need to generate 100 likes. I will be creating a new post in hopes for this!

Sem24901

I tried securing my account changing password etc but it wasn't enough. They had to clear out / delete my account and free up my email id so I can make a new account. I believe they can migrate your playlists if you like, but please confirm that.

The issue was spotiamb a third party app /plugin that had deep access to a lot of people's accounts. It was a winamp skin for Spotify. I don't remember installing it but it seems like something I might have done years ago in a nostalgic moment.

Spotiamb was not maintained and had poor security so hackers used it to gain deep access to a lot of accounts. 

No more starting and stopping finally!

leannemlang
Casual Listener

My account is not being used anywhere else!!!! WHY SPOTIFY WHY

bombardino16
Regular
Is really annoying, Spotify doesnt seem to care much about their customers.

fusiondesigner

So if two people in two locations are on the same account listening to something different the thing cuts out? That's so dumb.

user-removed
Not applicable

Spotify has until next week to solve this crap. If was not solved, i´m out.

I´m Tired

bombardino16
Regular
Hello guys, already tried using the option "log out of all other devices" but it still pauses every once in a while. This is happening to me ever since the last update.

Any tips??

chloedemi
My spotify just turns itself off... never mind pause... the whole thing just stops... which is annoying when it's a good song and it just cuts out..

user-removed
Not applicable

Nizodizo
Casual Listener

It pauses and that is it,on a Chromebook. Pc works just fine.

armachian
Casual Listener

Sorry doesn't solve this issue

SUGGESTED POSTS