Spotify Keeps Pausing Randomly

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify Keeps Pausing Randomly

bombardino16
Regular

Hello people!

After trying out different suggestions I discovered that updating my operating system ( android) solved the problem.  

Hope it works for you guys!

If it doesnt, you should email spotify support, they where very responsive and trying to solve the problem. 

Highlighted

williansato
Casual Listener
Yes. Resolved.

But i have a theory about this.

My Spotify was configured to store cache/music at SD Card.

The problem was occurred when Spotify blocks the access in to SD Card. So
when the app tries to read SD Card, then pause the music.

After reinstall, you are forced to store cache into Memory Device. In this
way solved the problem.

I´m still having "problem" to save into SD Card.
Highlighted

bombardino16
Regular

That is interesting.

Luckily I didnt have to reinstall.

I am glad is solved!

Highlighted

sindar86
I do experience the same issue since some days...

Nexus 5x, no sd card available, everything up to date (as far as I can judge)
Highlighted

robinkeski
Casual Listener
Same issue. I'm also on Nexus 5x but the same thing occurs on my LG G2. I tried all the fixes in this thread but nothing helps. Several times a day Spotify will pause for no apparent reason, but only if I'm listening online (offline works fine).
Highlighted

jtaphouse4
Regular
I've had this trouble for the past month suddenly. Notifications come through and I have to go on the app for it to play again and most of the time I have to take it out my pocket and unlock my phone. I've found that clearing and uninstalling doesn't work. The best way if your using it on wifi is turn power saving off and if it still happens then I'm sorry but spotify need to **bleep**ing sort it out lol.
Highlighted

Stigrs77
This problem also happens to me on Tidal, so it is not a Spotify-specific problem. Playback on Youtube works fine, though.

It happens randomly; not every day. Sometimes when I start up my PC neither Spotify nor Tidal will function as they should.

I have Windows 8.0, as I cannot update successfully to 8.1 and therefore not to 10 either.

The problem appeared for the first time this weekend or the end of last week.
Highlighted

wheechie
oldtrees tip also works where the same Spotify user was logged in under two different profiles on the same Android tablet. Music playback kept pausing until we logged out of Spotify in one of the tablet user accounts
Highlighted

Shortty24
I've checked my account elsewhere and it isn't being used at work. I've tried logging out everywhere via my account online and that hasn't worked. I've even changed my password and it's still keeps pausing. Definitely no one else is using my account. It's really very annoying

Jaguar7676
Ok go figure Bluetooth playback had worked perfectly with my Lexus rx but I just bought a new Avalon and now it pauses randomly!!! What the **bleep**???
SUGGESTED POSTS