Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify LIES: Offline Songs Storage NOT in specified location!

Spotify LIES: Offline Songs Storage NOT in specified location!

I'm currently using the Mac Spotify app, running on OS X 10.9.5. I am a premium user with the family plan.

Today, after discovering all of my offline content disappeared from my Mac, and that none of the playlists I had marked for download were marked for download any longer in the Mac Spotify app, I went ahead and marked them all for download again. Then, after everything showed that it was finished downloading in the app, I checked the folder that I had set in the preferences for offline songs storage. It was the same size as before I downloaded everything again - only 5.5MB.

Apparently, the Spotify app is lying, and I can't actually manage where Spotify downloads offline content, despite the fact that I am able to specify the folder location in the app's settings.

So where the heck is the downloaded offline content? Why isn't it actually downloading to the folder I specified?

Furthermore, unlike with the Android app, I can't seem to specify the quality level for downloaded content. So what quality is it downloading the offline songs in on my Mac? Is it the same as the high-quality streaming, better, or worse?

2 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

The same thing happened to me.

Suggested posts