Spotify Links "open.spotify" don't open in Desktop App OSX/Mac anymore

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify Links "open.spotify" don't open in Desktop App OSX/Mac anymore

Casual Listener

Not solved. Quit the excuses and actually help your users.

Highlighted

Waiting for a real solution...

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Yeah. Web player is garbage. I want it to play on my desktop app.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Being expected behaviour shouldn't excuse bad UX. All it means is that the design has some bad UX.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

It's just pathetic that a billion dollar music app is unable to implement such a BASIC feature for years. Instead Spotify prefer to use its resources for "animated album covers" and all kind of useless gimmicks.

Highlighted

You can select your computer in the device list of the web player. It still opens the web player every time you click on a spotify link, but it's something.

Highlighted

Regular

Like many have complained here, this "expected behavior" is not desired by users. It makes no sense to open the Web Player when clicking links if we have an App installed. The Web Player makes me sign in with Facebook EVERY time it opens. First world problems, but you're making many millions $$ on the hard work of artists. You have the financial bandwidth. Support the users by fixing the malfunctions please. 

Highlighted

Visitor

First of all, it**bleep** that this is marked as solved. very helpful..

After spening the last hour researching, I've found a solution, that works simple and well for me. It's an add-on for google chrome . I've found a number of add-ons in the google chrome store, but this was the only one, that works for me.
Thanks and lots of ♥♥♥ @ whover made that add-on!

Highlighted

Just to clarify - the "expected behaviour" is to open in a WebApp that never remembers you are logged in, asks you to sign up to Spotify and then forgets which song you clicked on? Ridiculous.

For anyone wondering, the way to share songs so that your friends can actually listen is to send them the name of the song so they can copy it and search on their desktop version.

And this is how it's supposed to work...

SUGGESTED POSTS