Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Mac Desktop App can't Play Songs or Load Liked Songs.

Solved!

Spotify Mac Desktop App can't Play Songs or Load Liked Songs.

For the past week or so my Spotify desktop app had been having an issue where songs would freeze a few seconds in so I decided to do a clean install per the instructions provided by Spotify (deleting cache, deleting the application, deleting the Spotify folder in App Support, and emptying my trash).

After downloading a new installer from Spotify.com, installing Spotify on my Mac, and logging in nearly nothing works on the desktop app. Firstly, the friend's activity tab constantly shows loading. Secondly, my liked songs don't appear (I checked on my phone and they still are there on my phone). Lastly, when I click play on a song in the browse tab or one I search for it won't play.

I'm on a 15' Macbook Pro 2018 and my OSX is fully up to date. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I believe the reason Spotify wasn't working was that it was being blocked by my home router's firewall. I just moved back to university and now Spotify works.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I have the same issue and completed the same steps.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)       macOS Mojave Version 10.14.5

It also will not download any of my playlists.

Hey @fuzzyLogic2001 & @ozq_unt-wvxu, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try the steps from this Spotify Answer to see if that helps?

Also, make sure to install macOS Mojave 10.14.6 which Apple released recently.

Hope it helps 🙂

Hi @Loxer,

Thanks for your time and help but unfortunately following all of the steps in the attached post did not solve my issue.

Marked as solution

I believe the reason Spotify wasn't working was that it was being blocked by my home router's firewall. I just moved back to university and now Spotify works.

This worked for me!!

Changing the host file did not solve my issue. Some songs play others do not. or they play for 7-9 seconds then quit, then start later or do not play at all. Not all songs either just some.
I've updated to the most recent spotify app and MacOS..

Suggested posts