Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Mac & Android syncing problems - songs randomly stop

Spotify Mac & Android syncing problems - songs randomly stop

Hello,

I use my Mac (13" MacBook Pro Retina '13) and my android device (Samsung S5 running Android version 5.0) regularly to interact with Spotify. Lately there've been persisting issues with music randomly being part-way through a song, or sometimes (again, often enough), this harder to describe issue where for some small period (a second or two) an altogether separate song breaks through and plays for a bit before going back to the original song. More commonly, however, I'll find a song just to end, and to try to resume play starts an altogether different song from the beginning.

I've also noticed that this seems to occur the most in such a way that reminds me of the "you're account is being used by another device/computer" flow, though I don't (always?) get that same message on either the laptop/device, and reproducing the error doesn't necessitate me actively using/seeking to play music on both. Also, when spotify is open on the device and I'm playing music on the laptop, the song displayed on the device is not the song actually playing. I imagine that this is a stretch to assume, but I do get the sense that these issues that I am running into seem to speak to synching issues between the device and the computer..

0 Replies

Suggested posts