Announcements

Spotify Not Publishing Activity/Friend Activity

Spotify Not Publishing Activity/Friend Activity

user-removed
Not applicable

For the past 3 days my Spotify has not been posting my activity and is only showing 3 of my friend's activity as well. I have tried reinstalling the software and have checked that my social feed is on and nothing has fixed the issue. After reinstalling, I also had a friend check if my activity was posting and it showed that I had not been active in 3 days, when I had actually been listening to music just a few minutes earlier. Is this a bug in the new software update? 

15 Replies

Re: Spotify Not Publishing Activity/Friend Activity

hra728

You're not alone! 3 days ago my friend feed seemed to have "froze" and wasn't updating. I too have reinstalled multiple times and follow instructions for clearing cache. I chatted with someone on spotify and they told me this is an issue they are working on. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

hanorsantos
Visitor

also with me

yasaminmanesh1

I am having the same issue! It has been going on for 5 days now, it is making me so frusrated. Spotify support on twitter has not helped at all.

zephyr1130

Same! This has been an issue for my desktop app for a week now. spotify please help

grace-elle

Same for me! Have done all the things you guys have suggested too! Fingers crossed this can get sorted soon! 

anyakund

Same here! Last friend activity from 5 days ago, hope they fix it soon

TheRainman
Casual Listener

Same here. I can see only some of my friends' activity and they can only see some of their friends' activity. For example, they all see that I last listened to a song 5 days ago, although I have been listening to music everyday.

northjack6

Have the same bug, been going on so long now that most of my friends don't appear in friend activity anymore. Looked everywhere no help or solutions from

Spotify or anyone. Hope it's fixed soon as I like to use it often.

abellebrooks

This has been going on for at least a week now - NO updating and our activity doesn't show up unless the song is played on the desktop.  If a friend or family member listens on a mobile phone, nothing updates.  C'mon Spotify; this needs to get fixed quickly.  The friend feed is one of the major reasons (if not THE reason) why we chose Spotify.  The kids love knowing what their friends are listening to and if I have to keep listening to complaints about the friend feed, we'll be closing out this account.  Several of my daughter's friends have already bailed and are switching to other music streaming options.  Please HURRY with a fix!!  Thanks!!

SUGGESTED POSTS