Spotify Search Bar - Text Entered Backwards

Re: Spotify Search Bar - Text Entered Backwards

gd11_be
Casual Listener
The same for me problem is still there !

robintheoffice
Regular

Someone's advised me that Spotify might be inheriting bugged language behaviour from your browser's language settings, even if your browser itself isn't typing backwards. I've run all other pending system and program updates (not including any changes to Spotify itself) and it seems to have stopped it. Might be a coincidence, but might be worth a try.

2 people liked this

dan2bit

This is still a bug. It's pretty clearly a behavioral bug in how the cursor focus works in the search box. If you start typing and type too quickly, the cursor keeps pinning itself to the left side of the search box between each letter, and you end up with eimaj instead of jamie  If you type at a much more deliberate speed, it works fine. So, if you put a slight pause after you type that first character in the box, it should work fine.

Of course a) people don't naturally do that, if they are experienced typists who know what they want to search for (lots of people, lots of the time) and b) this is a solved problem in literally every other app with a search box that gets cursor focus by default. Come on, Spotify Mac team, you can lick this one!

Highlighted

juancsuarez2
Casual Listener

The issue is back for me. If it's browser related it's up to Spotify to detect it and find a solution or at least acknowledge this is a bug. It smells like BUG from a 10 miles distance.

theoaronson
Music Fan

+1 for bug issue - I'm on OS X 10.13.6 and see this recurring pretty regularly. I'm using latest build of desktop app and only way to fix it is by quitting and re-opening app.

SUGGESTED POSTS