Announcements

Spotify WILL NOT Stop Showing Local Files, Even After Disabling & Deleting local-files.bnk

Highlighted

Re: Spotify WILL NOT Stop Showing Local Files, Even After Disabling & Deleting local-files.bnk

Composer

@Mihail OK so I first with windows 10 store version, I uninstalled the app. Rebooted. Then I Installed back from windows store and yes it's fixed. Spotify desktop app doesn't automatically show local files and by default the the setting is off. It's seems it's finally fixed. I'm using 1.1.42.622.gbd112320 (Microsoft Store version)

Highlighted

Re: Spotify WILL NOT Stop Showing Local Files, Even After Disabling & Deleting local-files.bnk

Regular
Hi Elena,

I've come across with the similar problem with my Spotify macOS app. The deleted songs keep showing in the Liked Songs and I cannot unlike them. Click on heart bottom and it comes out nothing. The songs are definitely deleted, and I even formatted the whole hard disk and reinstalled macOS. The problem is still there. FYI, there is nothing in the Liked Songs in the iOS Spotify app.
Highlighted

Hey @ParentalControl,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We're happy that now the app functions as intended. Do let us know if this issue comes up again 🙂

@FrankTONG have you tried deleting the playlists that used to contain the imported song? It would help us out a lot if you could post a photo of how the song are displayed in the macOS app. Just be sure to hide any private or sensitive information.

Could you also make sure that on you are logged into the same account on your smartphone and on your mac? You can do this by logging out and back in to the Spotify app.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Regular

Hi Mihail, here's the screenshot of macOS app. It's in the liked songs page. The songs cannot be unliked and unable to play. And also, I've deleted all playlists.

1601122752101.jpg

I'm quite sure I use the same account on iPhone. Btw, it's because Spotify keep noticing me it cannot synchronize my local songs, I found out this "can't delete" problem.

Highlighted

Hey @FrankTONG,

Thanks for getting back to us with the screenshot.

Just to make sure that we're on the same page - you did try a clean reinstall, right? If that's the case it might be useful to also check your hosts file for Spotify entries. You can do this the following way:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return

2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop

3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit 

4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address

5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them

6. Save your changes and restart your System and then start Spotify

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your progress.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Re: Spotify WILL NOT Stop Showing Local Files, Even After Disabling

Regular
Hi, Mihail

I’ve followed your steps and found out nothing related to Spotify was in the host file.

Just for sure, I did a clean reinstall again and the grey songs are still there in the liked songs.
Highlighted

Regular

Hi @Mihail 

An update on my problem: I've tried on a PC spotify software, and it also shows unable local songs. The songs cannot be deleted either. However, this is the first time I log in under the Windows environment and of course, there isn't any local songs files on this PC.

WeChat 圖片_20201005103320.png

Highlighted

Composer

On PC try the Del button or on Mac try Fn+Backspace. 

Highlighted

Regular

Hi @AeroZ

It works! Thank you for your sincere help!

This really help me deleting the unable songs.

SUGGESTED POSTS