Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Won't Load

Spotify Won't Load

Hi,

Whenever I open up Spotify on desktop, the Spotify window pops up with only a loading wheel, and it never goes away. When I try to quit Spotify, it doesn't respond and I have to force quit Spotify. 

First I tried deleting Spotify from my laptop completely and then re-downloading it, and then Spotify would work for a while, but then the above issue occurs again. This has happened a few times in the past month and I would like a more permanent solution than deleting and re-downloading Spotify.

I'm using a Macbook Air, 10.10 OSX Yosemite and I have a free Spotify account.

I'm not sure what version of Spotify I'm using because I literally can't access the "About Spotify" option on the "Spotify" dropdown menu.

Hopefully you can help me,
Thanks!

6 Replies

I have the exact same problem as described. Here's the screenshot of spotify processes that are stuck. Screenshot 2016-05-20 10.59.37.png

Additionaly, for me the redownloading does not work at all. So I can't use spotify desktop on my mac at all. (OSX Yosemithe 10.11.4, Macbook Air 2013)

Try to open the Task manager and kill the Spotify Process completely. After that you should be able to start the spotify application again. At least that worked for a friend

Go to this link, to see how to handle the task manager. 

http://osxdaily.com/2010/08/15/mac-task-manager/

Uninstalling Spotify using AppCleaner solved the issue.

https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

THIS REALLY HELPED U GUYS the app suggested above

I've tried the app above multiple times and am still having the same problem. About 5 minutes after I force quit and re-open Spotify, it won't load anything and will just continue to give me the spinning wheel (yet it still can play music fine, just can't load playlists or artist that I didn't search when I first reset the app)

I've used appcleaner and uninstalled/reinstalled spotify twice and I keep having the same problems. I love spotify more than anything and this has made it practically unusable on my computer so any advice on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!

Suggested posts