Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Won't start all of a sudden. Mac OX 10.7.4

Solved!

Spotify Won't start all of a sudden. Mac OX 10.7.4

When I try to open spotify it bounces once in my dock and does nothing. No crash report, it just refuses to open. I've tried reinstalling. 

133 Replies

Hi Spotify.... thanks for the private (automated) message telling me: Congratulations! You have a new rank in The Spotify Community, but I would rather you make your program work before you make me a fan of it

I am having the same exact issues. If I can't get this resolved within the next week I am cancelling my subscription. I've tried clean reinstalls but haven't had any luck at all.

yep,  downloaded the upgrade as prompted and it just crashes.  have tried downloading again and it still crashes.  going to give it a week and if nothing happens going to cancel my subscription as don't use it that much and could use the money elsewhere!  only running 10.5 but can't upgrade the opperating system anymore and the computer works fine with everything else so it will be goodbye spotify!

Where exactly is the "stoplight" plugin you speak of?

Spotify just wont work on my Mac I have restarted it uninstalled it and reinstalled it but no matter what I do I just get the same box come up again and again saying 

The applications spotify quit unexpectedly after it relaunched so I click relaunch and the same box appears again. Its so frustrating. Can anybody help?

@johnny2340 wrote:

Spotify just wont work on my Mac I have restarted it uninstalled it and reinstalled it but no matter what I do I just get the same box come up again and again saying 

The applications spotify quit unexpectedly after it relaunched so I click relaunch and the same box appears again. Its so frustrating. Can anybody help?

What version of OS X are you using?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

10.5.8 is what i am currently running

@johnny2340 wrote:

10.5.8 is what i am currently running

In that case, have a read at my post here in order to get a working client again. The latest installer files won't work since Spotify is no longer supporting OS X 10.5.x

Peter

Peter

Peter, can you please help for someone using Mac OSx 10.6.8?

Same problem here after update to 10.7.5

I had the old version of Spotify on my Mac 10.5.8 which began to crash.

For 3 weeks now the application is not even opening.

I then uninstalled it all and reinstalled 3 different versions seperatly

Still no luck.

I am very sad without Spotify and i feel its a real con and unfair that customers with a mac 10.5.8 cant use spotify!

I am using mac os x 10.5.8 macbook pro, from the US and I had the latest version of spotify and it's been days since it worked properly. I deleted everything and installed an old version but it still crashes. 

I am not a technical person so I cannot follow those instruction. We are paying for the service and we should not be the ones fixing it on our end.

@suemey wrote:

I am using mac os x 10.5.8 macbook pro, from the US and I had the latest version of spotify and it's been days since it worked properly. I deleted everything and installed an old version but it still crashes. 

I am not a technical person so I cannot follow those instruction. We are paying for the service and we should not be the ones fixing it on our end.

As reported in the announcement topic hopefully a fix is coming soon.

Peter

Peter

Thank you

"As reported in the announcement topic hopefully a fix is coming soon."

I am a premium user and have the same problems since Spotifys last updates. So how long should i wait then? After all i'm paying for this. 

@capster wrote:

"As reported in the announcement topic hopefully a fix is coming soon."

I am a premium user and have the same problems since Spotifys last updates. So how long should i wait then? After all i'm paying for this. 

Are you using Mac OS X 10.5.x? If so the issue in request has been resolved, see this post

If not, what version of OS X are you using? 

Peter

Peter

My spotify started exiting unexpectedly a couple of days ago (ever since the update which cahnged the logo etc.), and today it has exited and now won't open. I reinstalled spotify, it opened, played one song and exited, now I can't open it again. I'm a premium paying member running on Mac OS X 10.6.8

I have been having the same problems this morning. I did uninstall Spotify and Flash Player and reinstalled both back on my computer. So far it seems to be working however I added a whole heap of music into playlists last night and they have vanished...

I had the same problem and found this solution:

I opened spotify, and as the app was bouncing in the dock, I turned off wifi: "turn airport off"

This for some reason allowed the app to start to initialize. 

After the program started initializing, I turned the wifi back on.

The app loaded succesfully and now works fine. 

BTW I'm running OS 10.6.8

I have this same problem and I have uninstalled and reinstalled.. and my Spotify still refuses to open. This is on a Mac OX 10.6.8.

Suggested posts