Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app blurry on macOS Catalina

Spotify app blurry on macOS Catalina

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Macbook Pro mid-2019

Operating System

macOS Catalina 10.15.1

My Question or Issue

So as the title states, my Spotify app has yet again gone blurry. The last time it occurred was around 2 weeks ago, then a reinstall fixed the problem. Now, however, it doesn't. I've reinstalled manually, through Cleanmymac X, following the full Spotify uninstall steps on this forum, yet nothing seems to help. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!.

Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 14.50.32.png
3 Replies

Hey @MeesM, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Try to disable Hardware Acceleration, just click on the spotify Menu in your Menu Bar next to the Apple Menu, just find Hardware Acceleration and next click on it to disable then confirm to restart Spotify.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hi! Thanks a lot for your reply. Unfortunately, this hasn't fixed the problem. Have you got any other recommendations? Thanks!

Hey @MeesM,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Do you know what caused the change in your app? Did it happen after an update to the Spotify version or your macOS version?

If you have a screenshot of how it used to appear, that would be really useful. That way we'll be able to compare and see the difference between the appearance before and after the issue began.

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Suggested posts