Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can't play this right now.

Spotify can't play this right now.

Plan

Premium

Country

New Zealad

Device

MacBook Pro 2017, iPhone 6s, Apple Watch Series 3, Amazon Echo Dot

Operating System

macOS 10.15, iOS 12.4, WatchOS 5, Latest Echo Dot firmware

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I was trying to listen to a song this morning on spotify (Ransom with JUICE WRLD), but the song has been acting really weird on all my devices. It refuses to play on any of them, I will click or tap it to play, and then it appears for a second, plays no sound, then stops altogether. If I queue it up, when the previous song finishes, it just skips straight over the song. All other songs on my playlist work. It does not work on any of my devices, I've tried web client, MacOS, iOS, my echo, my iPhone. None of them work. I've tried signing out and in, clearing cache, reinstalling spotify, restarting devices, nothing has worked. The song also does not download on any of my platforms and just shows a RED download symbol. I listened to the song once on Spotify this morning, then added it to my playlist and liked it, ive tried unliking it, different playlists, nothing works. It just doesnt play audio then stops playing altogether, or skips over it entirely in a queue/playlist.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 4.04.03 PM.png
1 Reply

I've solved my own problem, appears the song was region locked? I turned on a U.S VPN and the song played instantly, and worked fine. It however still does not work on my Echo, which can't have a VPN.

Suggested posts