Premium

Country

Germany

Imac 20.1

Operating System

macOS Catalina

My Question or Issue

I’m lost. 

Spotify will not play many songs. seems randomly wich one, but its consistent. (no they are not greyed out)

the message is: Spotify can't play this right now, if you have....blah blah...

iPhone plays them without problem. I tried erasing the application support folder, reinstalled the app. and so on. nothing helps. Please help me.

Anyways, I wonder:

Spotify does not seem to have any support option but rather relies on this user based community to let them do the technical support, and cut the costs on real support, am I right?

3 Replies

Hey @sobolll92

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

In case you see this error message it's possible you've encountered an Ongoing Issue that we're currently investigating. Have a look at this thread and add your vote by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe in the three-dots menu at the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this.

You can find out more about our customer support in this help article. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I just found out that I restricted Spotify from connecting to trackers and ad domains a bit too much and blocked a content server. Once I allowed it again the tracks that didn’t work Play fine now. 
this post ist quite comprehensive regarding what to block and what to allow: 

https://gist.github.com/mrprobot/257f3af652c0b4599634c7c063ec2d88#file-spotify_eliminate_advertiseme...

Hi there @sobolll92,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We're so glad to know that everything is up and running smoothly again, and we appreciate the info you've shared as it can be helpful to other users as well.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts