Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can't play this song right now

Spotify can't play this song right now

Plan: Premium

Device: Macbook Air 2016

Operating System: MacOS Sierra 

I am trying to play a handful of songs, but they are balcked out on spotify and when I go to try and play them, I get the message "Spotify can't play this song right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." 
I have tried restarting the Spotify app on my computer. I have also tried these steps: Desktop> Go Dropdown > Option Alt > Library > Erase all contents. This was a troubleshooting step I saw elsewhere in the Community, but it did not help. The specific album I am trying to play is Katy Perry's 'One of the Boys', the extended version. Songs 14-20 are not playing, which appear to be the additional songs included in the extended version. I have never had any trouble playing these songs until today. 

Any help is appreciated! Would love to listen to my favorite songs 🙂 

2 Replies

Hey @swall.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We're currently experiencing a small issue. Take a look at this Ongoing Issue which could provide you with a solution. If it doesn't help, hit vote and leave a comment. We'll keep you up to date on the issue.

Hope it will work soon! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Thank you for getting in touch about this! That solution unfortunately did not help, so I went ahead and left a vote and comment in that topic. 

Suggested posts