Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify cant play this song right now - or NEVER seems to be able - Why am I paying for this?

Spotify cant play this song right now - or NEVER seems to be able - Why am I paying for this?

Ive been getting this error message quite regularly lately, but not consistently. Spotify's just refusing to play certain tracks or entire albums with the message SPOTIFY CANT PLAY THIS TRACK RIGHT NOW (& If you have the file on your computer...) - but then literally never play the songs in question later either.

I might be able to play other songs by the same artist, so it makes little sense. The selections are not blacked out or anything.

I tried several other 'solutions' including turning off hardware acceleration or turning off local files, but no luck.

One thing to note was that I did get a few tracks to play by not clicking on them direct, but letting them queue up in a play list they sometimes would later play. The non-play issue has later affected tracks that used to play perfectly well also.

With this kind of random frustrating inconsistency, I dont really see there being any reason to pay for Spotify!

Plan

Premium

Device

(Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(High Sierra OS 10.13.6)

2 Replies

Anyone?

I seem to get this on both my desktop Mac and MacBook Pro laptop.

Anyone?

I seem to get this on both my desktop Mac and MacBook Pro laptop.

Suggested posts