Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes after I have upgraded to paying version.

Spotify crashes after I have upgraded to paying version.

I've tried re-installing it, but I had to delete some files first. to start with, those files I couldn't find in the suggested directories but anyway, I downloaded it again and it seemed to be re-installing. after a few songs it crashes though. i'm unhappy about this, because I want to quite the paying version hoping that the problem will solve itself again. looked on the community but  can't find a suitable solution. anyone? anything other than re-install? I have a Mac.

11 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

What verison of Mac OS X are you using? 

There is no real difference between the client if you have spotify free or unlimited/premium, its the same software. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, thanks!

I'm using 10.6.8

it's just that the problem started after I signed up for the paying version, before that, never a problem. coincidence? to me, as a user of spotify, it looks like it's because of that. thanks.

Strange, what client version are you on (Spotify > About)? 

Peter

Peter

it's version 0.9.1.43-gca4c2c73

Does it crash when you are doing something in particular, or is it just random? 

Peter

Peter

sometimes I'm working on something like safari or office for mac, other times i'm not even near my pc

Still having the same issues, anyone?

Please try a clean reinstall, making sure you delete the ~/Library/Caches/com.spotify.Client and ~/Library/Application Support/Spotify folders.

I've tried re-installing it, but I had to delete some files first. to start with, those files I couldn't find in the suggested directories

that's what I started my topic with .... any idea's how I can find those files? If I do a search on my mac, i cant find them.

also  there is no such location on my pc. this makes the resintall not so clean ....

I looked again and there are no spotify folders either in cache or application support?

They're probably hidden. There are guides like this one which explain how to unhide them.

Suggested posts