Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes after Mac wakes up

Spotify crashes after Mac wakes up

Every time when my mac sleeps and wakes up, spotify crashes consistently if try to play music or try to open the running app. Sometimes, i noticed it plays the song too fast (like 3x speed) without crashing.  I've to force kill the app each time and start it again to workaround this problem.

And it happens only on latest macbook pro (2017). I've another macbook pro (2015) where it works perfectly.

Environment:

Mac Book Pro 2017 (with touchbar)

Spotify version : 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78

FYI, I'm a premium user.

8 Replies

Hey @ramsrib, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Are you still having this issue? If so, we'd like you to try reinstalling Spotify by following these steps. This way, you'll make sure to have the latest Spotify version.

If the issue continues, send us a screenshot of any error messages you receive.

Keep us posted.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hey Julian,

Yeah, it's still happening every time. I tried reinstalling it as well, it doesn't help. And I'm using the latest version : 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e.

I'll try to get some log/screenshot when it happens next time.

It happened again, but I couldn't find any spotify related log file in this `~/Library/Logs/` directory. Since the problem is with audio, screenshots won't be helpful.

Hey @ramsrib.

Thanks for getting back to us with this info.

Just to confirm does the macbook have any battery saving restrictions that could be interfering with the Spotify app? Also, are both Macs running the same OS version?

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I am suffering from a similar problem since I moved to MacOS Ventura.  When I wake up the computer in the morning, Spotify is just froze and unresponsive... it won't even quit normally, so I have to force quit it

Same here. This problem trouble me about 7 month since I bought my Macbook Pro (2021, M1 Max).
Each times I have too force quit and restart it to make it work correctly. 

If is a short time sleep then it's fine, but when machine sleeping time take too long (more then 4-6 hours, not sure.) then will happened this issue.

Yeah, its really annoying.  What bother me the most is that I used to upgrade from one MacOS version to the next with total confidence that everything was going to keep working as expected, but since after Catalina every upgrade has came with more and more annoying and absurd problems...from not being able to keep using my DP monitor to having loosing access to my Parallels Desktop virtual machines.... just AWFUL.  Now I will have to think TWICE before upgrading the next MacOS version and I hate that. 

Just in case, this is happening not only on MacBooks but in MacMini Intel also.

Suggested posts