Spotify desktop app starts at login even though disabled

Solved!

Spotify desktop app starts at login even though disabled

kentonvannatten
Music Fan

US

Device

iMac, Mojave

When I start up my computer and log in, Spotify automatically launches.

I have "Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer" set to "No", yet it is still doing it. I read a solution on the Windows forum that I should disable the web player as well, but I don't see that option (see image). 

Screenshot 2019-05-16 21.00.23.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify desktop app starts at login even though disabled

Hey @kentonvannatten.

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here :)

Have you tried the steps in this Apple Support article already? It should have the answer you're looking for.

Keep us posted and let us know how it goes! We'll be here in case you need further help with this.

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

4 Replies

rouward
Regular

Disable Spotify on Startup Tab on Task Manager, if you're on Windows 7, search "msconfig" instead.

Edit: Oh you're on Mac, I thought it's for Windows sorry for that. Just search something related to Startup on your Mac and disable there. I have literally no idea how to operate Mac.

aefasdfasdflol
Casual Listener

Please go to system preferences -> Users and groups-> Account- > login items and remove the app from the list. 

Please accept it as answer if it works! 

:)  @kentonvannatten

kentonvannatten
Music Fan

Thanks, but it's not in my login items list. 

I think what causes it to happen is that if I've been listening to Spotify and then I shutdown/reboot the computer, it re-launches apps that were open during the last session. The last few times I've booted the computer Spotify hasn't launched, but then that is likely because I didn't have Spotify open before the previous shutdown. 

Solution!

Hey @kentonvannatten.

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here :)

Have you tried the steps in this Apple Support article already? It should have the answer you're looking for.

Keep us posted and let us know how it goes! We'll be here in case you need further help with this.

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS