Free

Country

Canada

Device

MacBook Air 2015

Operating System

macOS 11.4

My Question or Issue

I have attached two images of me viewing the same album. The one without the listening activity is MacOS and the one with is Windows. I seem to get a completely different view of the Spotify Desktop version when I run it on Mac, it looks similar to Spotify Web Player. The Windows version I prefer and I want to view it that way on Mac but I am having issues. In the past I have been able to see friends activity on Mac and have had the same interface as Windows but it seems to have changed to this different interface that I do not like. I have tried uninstalling and redownloading it on my Mac but it still shows the same interface. What am I doing wrong here?

2.PNG
unnamed (1).png
3 Replies

Hey @alyssawllmsn,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community.

We'd love to give you some more info on this but could you let us know version of the desktop app you currently have on your Mac so we can give you a better advise? 

Also you can see if you have the option to enable the monitoring of Friend activity from the Settings menu in the desktop app on your macOS?

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena, thank you for responding to my post!

I believe that the version of Spotify that I am running on my Mac is 1.1.28.721.g5bee660. I have gone into the settings and there is no place where I was able to enable viewing the friend activity. The main issue is not that the Friend Activity is not there, however, if you view the attached images on my first post, you will see that the interface is completely different when viewing an album. The version running on my Mac sees to be more similar to the Spotify Web Player website. I do not understand why that is the case because I have downloaded and redownloaded what appears to be the Spotify Mac Desktop App from the official website. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi there @alyssawllmsn,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts