Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify does not work! At all!

Spotify does not work! At all!

So a few months ago i noticed that on my desktop app (Mac) songs started to pause from the 0-10 second mark and i would have to quit the program. This now happens with every single song, whether it be in an album or playlist shuffled or unshuffled.

A month ago this started happening with my phone (iPhone8 - albeit not as bad, still very annoying - especially when you're driving, do you want me to die cos i have to go on my phone and then exit the app and then go back in - this is ridiculous.

My only sacred space was the web player which has been working fine although its features are pretty average. Now, the whole web player is completely unresponsive.

Ok my mac doesn't have a whole lot of data available but my phone does and it is irrelevant - this shouldn't be happening regardless. I've started listening to the radio and cds instead cos frankly it's become a chore to use spotify.

I'm currently studying for my uni exams and i just want to listen to my playlist on shuffle on whatever fing device i please - and now instead of studying i am writing this.

Why should i be paying for something that DOES NOT WORK???

Not good enough guys.

3 Replies

Hey @LeonKyriakos,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Since this is happening on multiple device, the issue is most likely coming from either your account or network connection.

Go though the following and see if anything improves the experience:

• Log out Everywhere;
  • Connect with a different account. You can ask a friend/ family member to log in with theirs or create a fee account for test purposes. If another account works better, your best option would be to transfer your data to a new account, like explained here;
  • Try connecting to another network, like a mobile hotspot and see if that makes a difference;

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks but... Transfer data to a new account?!? No way.. i have heaps and heaps of playlist that i use and continue to add with, along with my listening history, friends etc. This isn't a viable solution.

Hey @LeonKyriakos,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, sometimes accounts get broken and certain features stop working. The best way to see if that's the case would be to try a different account, just to be sure.

Since we can only troubleshoot issues like this remotely, we'd need to go through several troubleshooting steps to see what might be causing it.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts