Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify error messages one after the other preventing me from using the app on Mac

Spotify error messages one after the other preventing me from using the app on Mac

I’m at my wit’s end with this, the Spotify support chat is actually slower than the community forum.

I’d been getting an error code (4) saying my Spotify has no internet connection even though my internet is working fine (on Spotify app for Mac). I tried everything — changing my DNS in network settings, changing the proxy on Spotify to both “HTTP” and “no proxy”, enabling my firewall for Spotify, quitting Spotify, and finally a full clean reinstall of the app.

So after the reinstall, I am now getting another error code. 🙂 When I try to log in, I get an error message saying my firewall may be blocking it or to change my Proxy settings. Which I have done. (Error code: accesspoint:37.)

I’m not sure what else there is to do and the chat support has not helped at all. SOS.

1 Reply

Hey there @chrysler2424

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We're currently aware of an issue causing the behavior you describe. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. 

Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Suggested posts