Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Mac inconsistently crashes on play

Spotify for Mac inconsistently crashes on play

This issue occurs in both the public Spotify release (1.0.4.90.g0b6df40b) and the beta release (1.0.0.1212.gc1771003) both for Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3.

This issue does not occur all the time but there does not seem to be a discernable pattern.

Spotify loads properly. I can navigate all playlists, artists, albums, search, preferences, etc., but as soon as I go to play any song, Spotify crashes. The result is the same when I play a song by double-clicking on it, clicking the play icon next to the song, double clicking the playlist name, or clicking shuffle play for a playlist.

As stated above, this issue does not always happen. It is inconsistent.

Other things I have tried:

Restaring the app.

Deleting Library/Application Support/Spotify folder and contents.

Logging out and back in.

Reinstalling the app.

Using the beta app.

None of which have worked.

I am a premium user. Why am I paying to not be able to listen to the music where I'd like to?

1 Reply

I do not recommend installing the beta version because it has been discontinued.

The latest version is 1.0.5 which is currently rolling out to users. You may still have 1.0.4 which if fine

Are you sure you have properly cleared out the cache files? That usually solves most crashes.

Try a clean reinstall of Spotify to see if this fixes the problem:

Advanced method:
https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Easy method:
Download this free app cleaner. It's super easy.

http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

When you open up the app, search for Spotify and it will automatically find and delete all files on your computer related to Spotify.

I use it all the time and it's a really great tool. If you ever decide to uninstall an app, the best way is to use this tool.

After that, download and reinstall Spotify.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts