Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify incredible slow on Mac

Spotify incredible slow on Mac

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iMac 21.5" late 2015, 8GB RAM, 1TB FusionDrive

Operating System

MacOS HighSierra

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I have used all the tips I found on the internet to solve my problems with the Mac app. But it is hopeless. 

The app starts so slowly and is so cruelly sluggish in operation. I think with the large number of customers who are also Mac users I can expect a premium account, for which I pay monthly, also that everything works.

But unfortunately that does not work. And when people at Spotify feed the search engines on the internet with them, they'll notice how big the problems actually are. GUYS YOU MUST MAKE YOUR **bleep** JOB!

Or, one day, do not be surprised if you are logged out. The competitors do not sleep, but they will simply take away the customers.

I hope you'll do some improvements ... very soon!!

4 Replies

Hey @Mr_Xing, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Try to disable Hardware Acceleration, just click on the Spotify Menu in your Menu Bar next to the Apple Menutop, there you'll find Hardware Acceleration and next click on it to disable then confirm to restart Spotify.
Also, if you don't use local files try to disable them inside Settings.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

NO! Like i wrote first "I have used all the tips I found on the internet to solve my problems" ... also the shutdown of the hardware acceleration.

I think the software itselves on Mac is the problem. It is full of bugs ... that is my opinion if i read all the treads in the web (not only here).

So i think, if Spotify can take my money, they can also fix that problems.

Hey @Mr_Xing,

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I also recommend to disable local files inside Settings if you don't use them 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

"Restarting of my device" did I already often - without success.

Now i've kicked off Spotify with AppCleaner and reinstalled it ... but not for the first time 😐

Now i'll see how it works ... btw. HighSierra 10.13.6 (17G65) and Spotify 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1 ... both the latest releases.

Kind regards

Suggested posts