Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify installation failure Mac OS X Yosemite

Solved!

Spotify installation failure Mac OS X Yosemite

I have a MBA with OS X Yosemite. Beginning yesterday, Spotify (which I have had for years with a premium account) stopped connecting to the internet, although I did have a wireless connection and my browser was working fine. Based on the Spotify help pages I performed a clean uninstall of Spotify. Now, I can't reinstall it. When I download Spotify the SpotifyInstaller repeatedly attempts to download the software, and then gives the error "download failed - request timed out". What should I do? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Neither one of those download links worked, unfortunately. I have the same issue of the "downloading Spotify" dialog box remaining open for several minutes, and then returning the "request timed out" error. 

I don't think I'm behind a network proxy server. I'm using a personal computer on home wifi and I don't remember setting one up. 

I did successfully download the Spotify Beta from the link provided (thank you!) although I'm having trouble getting it to verify my Facebook login. 

UPDATE: I restarted my computer a couple of times and was able to download Spotify from the regular installer. No idea what happened, but thanks for the help! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

could it be that your firewall (if you have any) blocks spotify?

can you check if it happens with this (1) beta installer also?

(1) https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Welcome-to-the-Desktop-Beta/m-p/932803/h...

Try this download link
https://www.spotify.com/download/mac/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi!

Are You behind a network proxy server?

Yosemite is broken on that.

Camillo

Marked as solution

Neither one of those download links worked, unfortunately. I have the same issue of the "downloading Spotify" dialog box remaining open for several minutes, and then returning the "request timed out" error. 

I don't think I'm behind a network proxy server. I'm using a personal computer on home wifi and I don't remember setting one up. 

I did successfully download the Spotify Beta from the link provided (thank you!) although I'm having trouble getting it to verify my Facebook login. 

UPDATE: I restarted my computer a couple of times and was able to download Spotify from the regular installer. No idea what happened, but thanks for the help! 

Suggested posts