Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is not playing music…

Spotify is not playing music…

Hello, i have some trouble listening to Spotify Desktop, i have tried everything (clean uninstall/install) deleting every files related to spotify, connection with another account, nothing work.
We have a family plan for Spotify Premium, and i can listen to my music without any trouble on my iPhone, but not on my laptop. 
The thing is i can log in, but then when i want to play some music the play button is on but there's no music playing and the progression bar doesn't move…
Can you help me ?
Regards,

Ben

Plan

Premium

France

Device

(MacBook Pro 2011)

Operating System

(Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6)

"Spotify is not playing music…"

Capture d’écran 2019-06-13 à 11.46.59.png
5 Replies

I am having the same issue and there doesnt seem to be a solution. Ive tried everything!! 

same problem...

Same problem here. And I cannot load my favourite tracks, too.

Hey @Benriollet@gi0nathan, @monaka33 and @coyoberman,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you try removing Spotify from your host files? Here's how:

PC:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

MacOS:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return.
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop. 
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit .
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address.
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

I'm having the same problem and this did not work.

Some musics start to play but stop after a few seconds. Some album covers do not load. It has been like this for days. Only on the mac app.

Suggested posts