Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is randomly stopping tracks, then closing completely.

Spotify is randomly stopping tracks, then closing completely.

Plan: Premium

Device: Macbook Pro mid 2012

Operating System: Mac OS Mojave (10.14.6)

My Question or Issue

For about 2 weeks now I've been having issues with Spotify on my Mac. While playing music Spotify keeps randomly muting/stopping tracks, but the play/pause button is on play (This usually fixes when I restart the app, but if happens every 2 hours or so). Sometimes the app closes and I have to restart it again (this can happen once every hour, depending on whether I'm using the app or I'm listening to music in the background.) Other times I open the app, it doesn't play any music whatsoever (but the play/pause button still changes), and I have to reboot my Mac. I haven't made any drastic changes on my Mac in the past the last month either, so I don't think it's because of something I've installed.

1 Reply

Hey there @onyahsc

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your MacBook. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Suggested posts