Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps crashing and will not load on mac

Solved!

Spotify keeps crashing and will not load on mac

My Spotify crashed once on computer, and was unable to load at all when i try to re-launch it.

Have tried re-installing the software but it still will not load at all.

Have attached a screenshot. It basically just stops at this progress with will not load at all.

Please help!

Screen Shot 2014-04-15 at 8.21.22 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. Does this work?

1. Take your computer offline.
  2. Start Spotify and select offline mode.
  3. In preferences, got to Music Announcements and check "Hide on Discover Page".
  4. Enable your internet connection and take Spotify off offline mode.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hi, what OSX version are you using? 

I am having this same exact issue. I am on OS X 10.9.2. Can't get it to start. Just crashes. 

Since the update I have used Spotify 2 or 3 times without a problem, but now, even after reinstalling, it's not working 😞

Same here.  10.9.2 on a 15" rMBP.  Just started today.

Tried reinstalling (without first deleting) and that didn't help.

Marked as solution

Hi. Does this work?

1. Take your computer offline.
  2. Start Spotify and select offline mode.
  3. In preferences, got to Music Announcements and check "Hide on Discover Page".
  4. Enable your internet connection and take Spotify off offline mode.

No... It freezes the moment I opened it so I can't do anything with it. 

Are you also on OSX 10.9.2 ?

@belgiumwaffles wrote:

No... It freezes the moment I opened it so I can't do anything with it. 

Mine is doing exactly the same thing on 10.9.2. Will we just have to wait for an update?

This seems to work for me.

To others - make sure your machine is entirely offline, then start Spotify.  For me, the crashing only happened when I had an internet connection (prior to following the steps to "Hide on Discover Page").

I had to force quit a few times before I could get to the Spotify menu to take it offline. Once I did that I went to preferences and checked the box that read "Hide on Discover Page". Once I did that it works! Who needs the Discover Page anyway?!

Thanks for the help everyone!

hi 

that worked i got it to respond which is wasnt doing before! but now when i go to play a song it freezes again!! and doesnt do anything totally unresponsive! to get it to respond i have to follow the steps you gave ! but the same thing happens again??  this is so annoying ! it only works if it on offline mode, the second it connects to internet it freezes. what can i do??

Can you try the steps here?
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-Crashing-on-Startup-OSX-Mavericks...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts