Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps freezing on Mac

Spotify keeps freezing on Mac

Whenever I use Spotify on my Mac it simply stops playing songs after like 20 minutes.

At that point you can't use the search function, visit playlist or anything else. I have to hard reset every time.

I tried deleting all spotify files and reinstalling a couple of times, didn't help..

I'm using Spotify Version 1.0.85.257.g0f8531bd on OSX Yosemite

3 Replies

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps below:

1. Click Spotify in the menu bar then Quit Spotify.
  2. Open Finder then click Go > Library in the menu bar. (You may need to hold the Alt key if Library isn’t visible).
  3. Open Caches and delete the com.spotify.Client folder.
  4. Click the back arrow.
  5. Open Application Support and delete the Spotify folder.
  6. Download and install Spotify.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the device model and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Thanks for the quick answer.

I restart my device every day and the problem has been going on for over a month now..

I've got some trouble with your instructions on deleting spotify too.

I can find the caches folder in the library but there's no com.spotify.Client or anything else spotify related. The same goes for the Application Support folder. Not sure why or how.

I'm runnning spotify on a late 2009 iMac with Yosemite Version 10.10.5 (14F2411).

Hey @Fredi_3,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for the information!

Could you please try singing in with another account on your app?

Try to open another user account in your Mac and install Spotify there to see if that helps.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Suggested posts