Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps skipping

Solved!

Spotify keeps skipping

Every since I installed Spotify on my computer, it keeps skipping every few seconds with practically every single song. I tried re-installing but still experience the same problem. Not really sure what else to do, but it's pretty annoying.

228 Replies

Ahh yes. I gave the default location. If you changed the install location or cache folder, it will differ. Glad you got it working! Also, not that it matters, but I'm a she 😄

changing the name of the folder worked for me once i found it. just search spotify and the "local" folder should pop up on top. 

This worked. Seems to have started skipping after my membership expired

Well I don't have Itunes and mine skips but only randomly. Sometimes however it skips wholed albums and then plays the next song. 

streaming is the problem for me

I am getting the pausing and skipping problem using the free Web version on windows 8.1 using Firefox. I stops and starts 3 or 4 times per song and skips to the the next song without finishing a song. This is really annoying, after it working so reliably for me for several years. It started several days into this new year.

Does Spotify know about this problem? Are they doing anything about it? If so where do you see their acknowledgement of this issue and they are working on it, please?

Came here to report the same issue, exactly as you have described. Happens across multiple computers with the web player. Completely ruins the ability to enjoy music on Spotify.

Edit: I should clarify: using Chrome and Windows 10

Thank you so much! You saved my study time with good music!

are your freaking kidding me? I have to do this so an app could work properly? this is ridiulous.

Jad the same problem for DAYS!

This solved itflawlessly!

Just close Spotify, copy EVERYTHING from the Storage folder, save it somewhere else (as a backup) then open Spotify it should play fine now

I gather that the solution of moving the Spotify folder applies to the desktop version.

I use the Web version and I could not find any Spotify folder at all.

I know this is from ages ago, but I've had the same problem all day today and none of the solutions in the thread helped, but after reading this I deactivated and reactivated my bluetooth speaker and it turns out it's what was causing the issue!

(edit: apparently I can't read, it's not from ages ago...)

I dont have itunes installed on my computer and i have the same problem

Happening to me too now.  It did it occasionally last year but now it's happening A LOT.  I'm gonna cancel my subscription  until they fix it (if they even care) and use Google Music in the mean time.

If you have MAC, I solved this problem just now by deleting everything in my cache.

Nope, no effect on mine

I have this problem right now. Never had it before.

I'm on Windows. I switched off 'Enabling Hardware Acceleration'. No effect, same problem

Happening to me too right now. And I have spent a good two hours trying to fix it. Tried everything suggested and more. So when I try googeling the problem I find threads of people having this problem back in 2013, and the Spotify team still havent managed to post some suggestion on their help page? 3,5 year premium subscriber lost.

EDIT, Spotify just recently posted  "We’re investigating some issues and finding out more" on the help page. Hopefully thats the source of the problem. If not...

Happened here, too, after I installed the latest version. I use Win10.

Suggested posts