Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps stalling on MacBook Pro

Spotify keeps stalling on MacBook Pro

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Macbook Pro late 2022

Operating System

Ventura 13.2

Spotify takes about 30 secs to 1 min to open or close. Once it has, it then stalls sporadically with whatever I try to do, for about the same length of time - ie. it won't load the content of a playlist, it won't start to play a track, or if a track is playing, it won't stop stop or pause, it won't allow me to search for a track or artist, until about 30 secs-1 min passes and then it performs the attempted action. I've tried reinstalling it, amongst other suggestions from forums, but the same issue reoccurs every time.

1 Reply

Hi there @sdbenny,

Thanks for the post.

This sounds very odd, especially since you're using a newer model Macbook. The issue may be coming from a very large Spotify library with over 10,000+ items. This includes Liked Songs, playlists etc. 

Another possible cause is a slow internet connection or the use of VPN, which could be blocking traffic. 

In order to test this out I'd recommend you try the following:

• Log in with another Spotify account. You can create a free account for test purposes. This way you can check if the issue is account related.
  • Connect to another network, like a mobile hotspot, without the use of VPN. This way you can check if it's a network issue.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts