Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify linked to remote disk

Spotify linked to remote disk

Hey, this is a problem i have had for some time now, and i have never been able to find an easy solution.

I would like to start off by saying that this problem can probably be fixed by reinstalling spotify, but i would not calling reinstalling a piece of software a solution.

This problem occurs on a Mac using the latest spotify client (It's been happening for 6 months now).

The problem/bug:

Whenever I want to go into the "Preferences" of my Spotify client, it freezes for 2 seconds. It does this because as soon as I clicked on "Preferences" spotify connected to a remote disk. If I'm in a place where this specific disk is not available, the freeze takes much longer until it times out and tells me that it couldn't connect to that disk. Nothing in the settings point to that disk, I simply can't see a reason as to why Spotify wants to connect to it.

2 Replies

Does iTunes also reference that disk? Thinking the local file scanner could be hitting it via iTunes if you have that option enabled.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I don't use iTunes so that would be weird. But i checked anyways 🙂 And i can't seem to find any reference to the disk.

Suggested posts