Free/Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Mac mini 2014)  i5 2.6ghz

Operating System

OS X 10.3

My Question or Issue

When I open the spotify app in my mac mini, it make my OS goes slowly (all programs performance down, my cursor hangs, audio interruption...) and when I close the program, all goes to the normal state, no problems.

When it happens, I check the monitor activity but all is below 40% usage and I have a SSD disk... I do not know what happens but I can not use spotify for this reason.

I have reinstalled the APP and also reinstalled the mac mini 😄 

2 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repeptitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. I'd also recommend updating to macOS Mojave 10.14.4 🙂

Try to disable Hardware Acceleration, just click on the spotify Menu in your Menu Bar next to the Apple Menu, just find Hardware Acceleration and next click on it to disable then confirm to restart Spotify.
Also, if you don't use local files try to disable them inside Settings.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hello,

I have restarted the devide, reinstalled (clean reinstallation) and disabled hardware acceleration. But the problem persist... One point is.. it overload my Mac when I play music, if I open the app nothing happens.

The Spotify version is the 1.1.3.2.5.9.g8172f63a and my Mac Mini OS is OS X 10.13.6 (AppStore can not find newest updates).

Thank you for your support.

Suggested posts