Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not letting me skip ads on laptop

Spotify not letting me skip ads on laptop

Spotify isn't letting me skip ads on my laptop, even thought I can skip them just fine when I'm listening to Spotify on my phone. This has been an issue for 2 weeks now.

Plan

Free

Country

Australia

Device

Macbook Pro 2020

Operating System

macOS Big Sur 11.5

6 Replies

Hi @Lil_Roro,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this.

Please note that you can't skip ads on Spotify free. Spotify depends on those ads to offer users their great service for free! 

You still can subscribe to the Premium service which offers you an ad-free experience, the ability to save songs offline and much more 

Don't hesitata to give us a shout if you have questions.

Take care.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I thought you could skip ads after 5 seconds on Free. Is this a new laptop feature? Because Spotify's not letting me skip ads at all (even after 5 seconds) on my laptop.

Hey @Lil_Roro,

Thanks for your reply.

If on your laptop, you are using the desktop/web version of Spotify free, this means you can still browse and choose what songs to play, but ads aren't skippable and will be played to you occasionally. This has always been the case, and if you need to know more about the advantages of ad-free listening with Spotify Premium over the free plan experience, you can read more here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

That's what I thought, it worked like that on my old laptop (Mac Air 2017) but ever since i got the 2020 model it won't let me skip...

Exactly this, when I went to 2020 macbook model I can't skip ads but on my 2017 after 5 secs I could skip. Pretty silly isn't it?

aah.. so frustrating i switched to mac and now i cant skip songs anymore!! probably trying too make us get apple music or spotify premium, pretty annoying 😧

Suggested posts