Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom. 

Device

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)

Operating System

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.5.

Well, I was listening to some songs at first and everything was ok then I went to change track and it was stuck on the track I was listening to and it wouldn't let me change track.  Spotify had frozen, but music was still playing.   I had to force quit and reopen.  When I reopened, played a song and tried to skip to another song the same thing happened.

I restarted my computer and the same issue occured so I completely uninstalled Spotify using the techniques and advice given on the forums here.  

I restarted my computer again, resintalled a fresh copy of the Spotify client and the same issue persists.  I can listen to a song or two but then when I go to skip tracks it freeze the programme.

I have no other CPU intensive programmes running in the background.  High quality streaming is turned off.  Hardware acceleration is on, although the same problem happened when it was turned off.

Any help is appreciated.  I just signed up to premium today and already I'm having problems.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Is there any chance you happened to update or install any other applications at around the same time you updated Spotify? Perhaps one of those is conflicting with Spotify and the timing of the update was just coincidental. I know you said you have no other CPU intensive applications running, but it may be worth quitting absolutely everything (including any applications set to run at startup) and test things again. 

Personally, I haven't had any issues, and I'm running the latest version of Spotify on macOS 10.13.5 as well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Is there any chance you happened to update or install any other applications at around the same time you updated Spotify? Perhaps one of those is conflicting with Spotify and the timing of the update was just coincidental. I know you said you have no other CPU intensive applications running, but it may be worth quitting absolutely everything (including any applications set to run at startup) and test things again. 

Personally, I haven't had any issues, and I'm running the latest version of Spotify on macOS 10.13.5 as well.

Thanks for the reply.

Nothing else was updated and Spotify was the only programme that I installed yesterday, which is when the problems started.

Thankfully, it has been OK today.  Fingers crossed it stays that way, although I'm sure an update will follow shortly.

Good to hear it's improved! Sometimes things just fix themselves haha. Let us know if the problem pops back up 🙂

Suggested posts