Spotify on Mac is shockingly slow and freezes

Re: Spotify on Mac is shockingly slow and freezes

Dummkopf66
Casual Listener

Please Spotify. This takes way too long. Fix the startup problems of your apple desktop software. Today I had to reinstall the software once again. Did cause my Apple to crash. Nothing worked. Nowadays I have to do that every week. It's getting annoying. And yes I tried all tips and tricks. Hardware accelleration off now. I don't care where or who causes this problem. Just fix this. I want to use Spotify premium. Must be music to your ears or what? But you make it hard...

Peter0202
Regular

I don't know what it will take for Spotify to respond to this. It's been going on forever. I guess they just don't care. Maybe the number of Mac desktop users doesn't make it worth their while to fix it. Probably don't care if we all cancel. Does anyone have any recommendations for other streaming services? I like the size of the Spotify catalogue but it's kind of a waste if you can't use it. I'll give it another month I think.

1 person liked this

Cyenobite
Casual Listener

A followup post from when I posted approx 3 weeks ago...
1) Spotify will NOT respond to these community posts. 
2) I tried the solution posted earlier in some of the threads and it WORKED for me. I just followed the instructions (relatively easy), and started up spotify again, and in less than a minute everything appeared and I was able to start a song! This is how it used to be! 
3) so clearly there is an issue with the cache (or other preference) that effects the speed at startup. (My cache was previously around 4GB). 
I adjusted the pref's file (as indicated in the post to max 1GB) and I hope I'll see a continued decent startup speed.
I'll continue to monitor this solution and will see if the cache is the main culprit. I'll try to remember to post a followup in a few weeks.
Until then, I strongly encourage you to follow these steps (and save it as a PDF if you can in case the original poster takes down the link!).

https://alexlitel.tumblr.com/post/53154780770/what-to-do-if-spotify-is-running-slow-on-your

1 person liked this

Dummkopf66
Casual Listener

@ Peter0202  and Cyenobite,

Yep Spotify doesn't take this community serious I guess. But hey, which big company does nowadays? All too familiar all over again. Unfortunately. I'm thinking to get higher. Looks like this comminity is dead in the eyes of Spotify. Let's go to twitter or whatever. Maybe then they will listen to customers willing to pay for their services. Unfortunately I do not like the other alternatives out there. So I will try to get this fixed. And when nothing helps. Then I will have switch over to another music streaming service of my choice. Looks like Spotify don't want our money haha. 

But first I will look into the fix of Cyenobite. Thanks .

1 person liked this

Peter0202
Regular

They do have a Facebook support page. SpotifyCares. Ahem.

https://www.facebook.com/SpotifyCares/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

I'm trying it now. I'll let you know what they say, if anything.

jochenfrankfurt

Spotify is so arrogant! After this one year plan I will be gone! Apple Music seems to be so much easier and faster!

williamcloninge

me too

1 person liked this

ANMANdesign
Gig Goer

I'm on a mac, just tried reinstalling and it worked like a charm:

https://support.spotify.com/is/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/

Peter0202
Regular

I hope it keeps working for you. I found re-installing worked for about a week.

Dummkopf66
Casual Listener

@ANMANdesign @Peter0202 Yes that's what I do also. 53 weeks in a year I reinstall Spotify. Just to get it workig again after a week. Who's is mad now haha.

SUGGESTED POSTS