Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on OS X 10.6.8

Spotify on OS X 10.6.8

I have an old MacBook 1,1 that I want to use only to stream music from Spotify.

The latest OS X he can run is 10.6.8, the actual Spotify release wants OS X 10.10, the web player is not available in the latest Opera (25.0.1614.71) and Firefox (48.0.2), Edge and Chrome not available.

As suggested i downloaded Spotify 0.8.5 and it started well but it says "Connection lost. Reconnecting.. (error code: 101)" clicking on the error bring to a 404 page.

But the computer is online and also the ADV banner is shown.

Any thought to not trash the old-but-gold mac?

Schermata 2019-02-28 a 00.23.26.png
5 Replies

Hey @taranteirno.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We're sorry to say but you'll need 10.10 to fully make use of Spotify. You can always try a reinstallation but we can't guarantee it will work.

Perhaps you can find a work-around by installing a newer version of MacOS on your computer, or a newer version of a supported web-browser for the WebPlayer.

Hope that will work. Let us know if you have further question.

Have a nice day.

Thank for your answer,

On this Macbook is not possible to upgrade more and all the web-browsers are not supported as WebPlayer.

0.8.5 is still live or Spotify is blocking the streaming from this side?

I'll try to format and reinstall

Thanks

Hello, did you ever figure out a way to run Spotify on OS X 10.6.8?

As you rightly pointed out, it is not possible to upgrade the OS; nor to upgrade the web-browsers.

I am quite simply stuck!

No solution by my side,
i fixed it installing a light version of linux that is able to run Spotify

That's actually super sad. Just got my old Mac Book with OS X 10.6.8 back to work and now I'm sitting here not even getting Spotify to run on it.
The answer on 
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Downloading-and-Installing-Spotify-on-Mac-OS-X-10-6-8/t...
using version 0.8.5 no longer works.
I just tried out 0.9.15.17 and it WORKED! Downloaded it from here:
https://spotify.de.uptodown.com/mac/versions

Suggested posts