Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify plays from local folder on Mac but no sounds

Solved!

Spotify plays from local folder on Mac but no sounds

Used to work fine, now none of those songs in that folder play, either greyed out and no sound. I have some awesome old mp3s from back in the day I'm talking pre 2000 and songs you can't find anywhere now and custom releases from artist and bands etc. Now I can't listen to any of them? I just happen to try to play from that folder and both desktop spotify and phone (S9) won't play.

Spotify premium for years and that local folder used to always stream no prob.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok so go it working again. Did a full clean install, not just delete and install. Somehow I had weird duplicates and other files of Spotify hidden when searching, as well as two Spotify icons in my application folder. No clue how that could even happen. Got rid of all that and any random Spotify file/folder searching the system, fresh install, and local folder is working fine again. I have so many old MP3s from back in high school, like pre year 2000 and even early 2000s in college, songs that you can't find anywhere and its awesome being able to stream them.

Anyone having that issue hope that helps as I've only see issues mention for Windows.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Ok so go it working again. Did a full clean install, not just delete and install. Somehow I had weird duplicates and other files of Spotify hidden when searching, as well as two Spotify icons in my application folder. No clue how that could even happen. Got rid of all that and any random Spotify file/folder searching the system, fresh install, and local folder is working fine again. I have so many old MP3s from back in high school, like pre year 2000 and even early 2000s in college, songs that you can't find anywhere and its awesome being able to stream them.

Anyone having that issue hope that helps as I've only see issues mention for Windows.

Hey there @Surfer82,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community! 

It sounds like a thorough reinstallation did the trick for you, that's good to hear!

We hope you don't mind us marking your post as the solution so it's more visible for other users experiencing a similar issue.

Further, if you haven't already, we'd recommend checking out our Music Chat where you can discuss with other Spotify users about all your awesome tunes.

If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout. We'll be happy to lend a hand!

Have a lovely day 🎶

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts