Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify refuses to play music

Spotify refuses to play music

Hi folks,

I've been a Spotify user (unlimited) for quite some time now, and in general happy with everything.

BUT, every couple of days Spotify simply refuses to play any music - it finishes one song, and then simply stops. I can navigate in the app just as usual, but when hitting "play" nothing happens - the play button changes to a pause button, but no music is playing. The timer on the song is not moving as well.

Happens in the web player as well as the app (mac). Re-starting the app does NOT help. Re-starting the entire computer does help, sometimes, but that can't be IT!

Starting to be really annoyed here. Get this fixed, or you're about to lose a paying customer.

3 Replies

Hi there @Mikado0906 ,

Have you tried contacting Spotify Support? You can reach out to them through this link. Make sure that you reply to the email you receive back, even if it says "No-Reply." 

As an alternative, you can also reach out to Spotify on Twitter with the hashtag #SpotifyCares. The twitter page is https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares

Hope that helps! Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Thanks @kbrooksc , I looked for a contact option, but only stumbled across the forum. But then, I've never been a patient person 🙂

Strange the web player doesn't work either, makes me wonder is it an issue on your network.

Do you have a firewall or anything?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts