Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify switching songs and autoplaying

Spotify switching songs and autoplaying

Premium

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

My Question or Issue

When I open spotify and try to play any music, it automatically switches in 4 seconds to a song which I have never listened to previously.  Every song I try listen to automatically switches to this song.  When I pause the music, it automatically restarts within a few seconds to the same song.  I have logged off from every account. I have turned off autoplay.   I have reinstalled all the software(android phone, macbook pro), changed my password and this is still an issue.  Any thoughts?

1 Reply

Hey @rufeekee,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community and welcome!

If you've come across music unexpectedly played using your Spotify account and if unexpected actions have been taken with your account while you're using it, it'd be useful to make sure no one is or will be accessing it in an unauthorized way.

First and as you seemingly already did, you can go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE as well as reset your Spotify password.

It'd be very useful to also reset the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account

If your Spotify account is associated with your Facebook profile, you can also make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook. To double-check this, go to your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.

Also make sure to read this support page article as it features some extremely useful info regarding how to keep your account safe.

Hope you'll find this useful. Feel free to reach out anytime if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts