Premium

Country

Austria

Device

Macbook Pro

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I have had Spotify on my Mac for months but suddenly the volume is really really quiet although the volume is completely turned on. The volume on my Mac does work perfectly when I use other programs and the volume is also normal when I listen to Spotify on my phone, it suddenly just doesn't work on my Mac anymore.

I would be so happy if someone could help me.

Thank you

3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Before uninstalling/reinstalling, look in settings and make sure you didn’t somehow check normalize volume and/or the drop down box on how heavy the ‘normalization’ is. It can be very heavy handed. If premium, make sure the download/stream (high end or 320Kb) high quality button is also pressed. I’ve had updates that switched settings and default is to stream ‘normal’ (lower quality could sound like it’s lower in gain too)

J

Go to in-app settings
Find "Music Quality" -> "Volume level"
Check if it's "Quiet" and change to "Normal" or "Loud"

Suggested posts