Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify web player stops playing when I switch podacast or playlist

Spotify web player stops playing when I switch podacast or playlist

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi! I keep having to delete the history and cookies to make Spotify play.

When I listen to something, Spotify keeps on playing until I want to change the podcast or playlist. If I click on play, it keeps turning without sound. No error message.

If I delete the recent history, cache, cookies, etc. and I reclick Play, it plays.

What can I do to stop this? Thank you

4 Replies

Hey there @kathleen45

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We'd suggest you try opening the web player in a private/incognito window. This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser.  

It's also a good idea to restart the device on which you experience this issue. This basic step is very simple, but often overlooked.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Ouh I will try that, thank you!

Okay, Firefox private window, did not work, I got the same problem. I changed from a playlist to a podcast and the arrow just turned and turned.

Safari is not supported.

I am now trying with Chrome. Not working either, I try changing podcast, I click the play button and nothing happens.

Hey @kathleen45

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same.

If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Suggested posts