Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify will not reinstall

Spotify will not reinstall

Hi,

A couple weeks ago my Spotify started to have some problems. It would open but stay black, nothing would appear (Mac OS Sierra). I did a clean uninstall, and tried to reinstall it. When I open the install app right away it says ''Download Error (Échec du téléchargement in french). Will try again in 5 s..''. There is no code/number for the error. I tried rebooting, my Mac is up to date.. I really don't know what's causing this and what caused the black page in the first place.
Thanks for your help!

1 Reply

Hey there @Hummingcath

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We suggest you try reinstalling the app on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

It's also a good idea to test if you observe the same under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Suggested posts