Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Macbook Pro MAC OS high sierra and an Iphone 7

Operating System

MAC

My Question or Issue

Some time ago I noticed that Spotify did not play certain local files on my Iphone anymore. I have a couple of playlists that are made available for offline use. Previously Spotify would be able to play the local files in these playlists just fine, however now it won't play certain songs anymore. To clarify, when I play these songs on my Macbook with the spotify programm I can play these songs, however when I want to do so with my Iphone it wont work.

I have tried the following:

• I unchecked and checked all the folders I imported my songs from. No difference.
  • Initially I imported my files from a bunch of different folders. I put all the songs I wanted to import in one folder and then imported that folder, this did not work either. Next, I made sure they were all imported in Itunes first and then imported the local files from my 'music' folder in my Itunes folder, where any songs added to Itunes are updated automatically, this did not work as well.
  • I deleted the spotify cache file. 
  • I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify, no difference. 
  • I checked the file formats, but in the folder they are denoted as having a .mp3 extension and when I look at 'song info' in itunes they usually have either MPEG-1 or MPEG-2. 

How can I fix this?

SIncerely, Roxanne

1 Reply

Hello roxyroshan

I’m sorry to see you have to experience this. May I ask you what you mean by ‘local files’? Is it songs you downloaded from Spotify or songs from iTunes Store?

Once I can clarify what you mean, I’ll be able to help you. 

Nathan 

Suggested posts