Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't work on my Mac

Spotify won't work on my Mac

A few weeks ago, my Spotify application refused to open.  It would bounce in the dock for a few seconds and then a message popped up saying that Spotify could not open and even when I tried to relaunch it, it did the same thing.  I tried cleanly uninstalling the application and reinstalling it and when I reinstalled it, it just tells me there was a problem downloading the application and gives the same "Spotify quit, would you like to relaunch?" type message.  I have a Mac OSX 10.5.8 and I thought maybe my computer needed to be updated but it says everything is up to date.  Spotify is the only application I am having problems with.  Can anyone give me ideas of what I can try to get the application to work?

1 Reply

Hello Natalie. Unfortunately, the latest update to Spotify does not work on Mac OS X 10.5. Spotify decided some time ago not to support Mac OS X 10.5 customers any longer, but didn't do a good job of getting the word out. The only way to get Spotify working again is to go back to an old version of the client. There are some instructions here on how to do this. Going back to the old client is a bit tricky, so post back here if you run into any troubles.

Suggested posts