Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotiify Skips While Playing

Spotiify Skips While Playing

I have an IMac runniing Yosemite 10.10.2.  When I have a browser open Spotify streaming skips or stops playing.  A mouse click starts play again, but only temporarily.  If a browser or no other apps are open the play works fine.

4 Replies

Same issue on Macbook Pro Yosemite 10.10

Started lagging since last update. Music "stutters" and then just STOPS playing. I have to click to the next track to get it going again.

Using Premium service. Been having issues over the past couple months with speakers as well. 

Interesting, I just upgraded Spotify to the most recent version on a MacBook Pro running same version of OSX and it works fine.  I tried uninstalling and re-installing on IMac, but that didn't work.

I'm running OSX 10.10.3 Yosemite. Everything is up to date. 

When I play Spotify through the laptop app, it constantly drops out. 

This happens mostly Friday-Sunday.

I have done all troubleshooting with the Airfoil people. The problem doesn't seem to be with that connection.

I have logged in under a Spotify technicians ID to the program, and the drop-outs continued. They couldn't seem to wrap their heads around it either. 

The only way I can get it to stream properly is by using the web interface. The sound is actually better too.

But what gives? Why can't I use the desktop app to stream music on the weekends?

My laptop sits next to the router. No interference. On the 5ghz channel most of the time, but it doesn't matter. Same "drops" if I switch routers or channels. 

Guessing it must by my wireless connection? But why only with the Spotify desktop app? And nothing else?

The saga continues....

The desktop app crashed my Macbook pro, so I uninstalled it. I didn't do a re-install and used the web browser version of Spotify for a couple weeks. The audio is amazing and NO DROPS! But the online version lags and isn't as user friendly, so I went back to the desktop app version.

SO NOW, Spotify drops out constantly. 

It is the ONLY ONLY app that this happens with. I've done the trouble shooting with Airfoil tech, my router - iTunes, and other streaming services. Spotify is the only one that drops out. 

Any ideas out there?

Suggested posts