Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sptify instalado en IMac, pantalla en negro

Sptify instalado en IMac, pantalla en negro

He reinstalado Spotify varias veces, pero pantalla sigue en negro, pero puedo reproducir musica con el menu Reproduccion de Spotify de borde superior.
Pero pantalla no muestra ninguna informacion.
9 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community. We hope you don't mind us replying in English.

Could you try performing a clean reinstall of the app as described on this page? It is a more thorough way to reinstall the app. 

How did that go?

It'll be also very helpful if you could provide a screen recording of the issue, so we can understand better what is exactly going on on your end.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qozKSgOE-A

Here is the video of the problem - Spotify App in black, I have reinstalled different versions, I have done like 10 times...

The application Works, buy screen is in black, so I cannot move from the actual playlist.

By the way, the link from Dian´s message "this page" abobe posted doesn´t work (https://community.spotify.com/t5/FAQs/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p/474648%C3%...)

Mi iMac (27 inch, Mid 2010) ha macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6

Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3
Memory: 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Gráphics: ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MB

Please note that "buy" was mistake and means "but"

Hey there @JorgeGoni

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

No worries, you can check the steps of the clean reinstall here. If you haven't tried these specific steps yet, we suggest that you do so to see if they make the difference. 

If the issue persists, would you mind checking if the OS of your PC is up to date?

Also, could you let us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hola, a mi me pasa exactamente lo mismo, y no hay manera de que se ponga bien, he reiniciado de todas las maneras posibles, mi Sistema operativo es Mac Os Monterey 12.6

y dejó de funcionar hace unas semanas.

Es horrible! espero puedan ayudarme.

Hey @Alejandro19991,

Thanks for your reply in this thread and for the info shared 🙂

We hope you don't mind us answering in English as this is the official language of the forum.

Could you share with us the troubleshooting you’ve already done? You could start with a clean reinstall to see if this makes a difference. You can see the steps for a clean reinstall here.

We'd like to gather as much information as possible. Did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Lastly, do you notice if this is happening on the web player as well?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

im having the same problem. I can fixit temporary by deleting the prefs folder in application support folder from the Mac finder. the problem is that once you exit the app, the next time you open it, it appears the problem again. need a solution please

I can send you fotos of what appears in prefs folder, not sure tu upload them here cause I don't know if my credentials appear. 

Hey @pabloseca,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your reply in this thread!

I see you found a temporary fix by deleting preference files. Keep in mind that you need to restart Spotify after that and reset preference files as well.

Can you also check these steps and launch the App in Safe mode to see if that will fix the problem for you? 

Lastly, try disabling the Hardware Acceleration. You can find it in the app's Settings > Compatibility or by clicking Spotify on the menu bar > Hardware Acceleration.

If none of the above helps, can you share with us your OS and the Spotify version you're currently running? If you don't know how to check it - go to this FAQ.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts