Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred playlist not syncing/working across desktop, laptop and mobile

Starred playlist not syncing/working across desktop, laptop and mobile

Hello, 

I've had this issue for months now and I've searched online and on these forums and can't seem to find a solution. 

My "Starred" playlist does not sync accross all my devices. I can star songs on each individual device, but they won't sync accross all my devices (I am only using one account). 

I have a iMac, MacBook and a Galaxy 4. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, which didn't seem to fix the problem either. 

Also, I can star songs seperately on each device, but they will disappear within fifteen minutes, sometimes a few minutes after. 

Ideally, I would like to be able to star a song on any device and have it appear on all my devices under "Starred" (is this not how it's supposed to work? am I crazy?). 

Thank you so much! 

-Drew 

10 Replies

Hi Drew. It's best to send our team an email for this. We'll take a look into your account for you. You can email us from https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

Hey, thanks for the response. I contact y'all directly a few days ago and have yet to here back. I got an email this morning asking to take a survey and rate the help I got from spotify regarding this case...when i have yet to be helped!

@andrewfar wrote:

Hey, thanks for the response. I contact y'all directly a few days ago and have yet to here back. I got an email this morning asking to take a survey and rate the help I got from spotify regarding this case...when i have yet to be helped!

Strange, have you double checked your spam/junk folders? 

If you could post your case number which is in the first automated email reply we can get that chased up for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

hello, yes I have! I don't have anything. Either way, even if I missed the email, the problem hasn't been solved at all.

My case # is 00876567.

Thanks again for all the help!

-drew

@andrewfar wrote:

hello, yes I have! I don't have anything. Either way, even if I missed the email, the problem hasn't been solved at all.

My case # is 00876567.

Thanks again for all the help!

-drew

I've asked someone to find out what happened to that case for you and get it sorted 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey,

We replied to case #00876567 on 22/8. Please check your junk or spam filters in case you missed the email.

If you need us to resend it over, just let us know!
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hello, 

Like I said above, I checked my spam/junk folders and looked thoroughly throughout my inbox for the email. I have the intiial confirmation email associated to this case number and the survey email following it, but nothing specifically regarding my case.  

Please resend the email and leave the case opened so that I can resolve this ongoing issue. This process has been quite the trouble and I hope it's solved soon so that I do not need to cancel a premium service that I have enjoyed otherwise. 

Thank you for your help! 

-drew

Got that e-mail resent for you - please reply to it if you need further help.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

OKAY, this is seriously the worst customer service expiernece I've ever had. The "solutions" I have been given so far are all things I said I HAVE DONE MANY TIMES. I expressed my frustration and just recieved a response asking me to clear the cache and reinstall spotify on all my devices. I HAVE DONE THIS MANY TIMES AS WELL! 

Please actually solve this problem rather than giving me things to do that I have said from the begining and in my email that I have done. The "Starred" playlist on my account is broken and needs to be fixed. There's nothing I can do on my end. I am paying $10 a month and I am lacking one of the main features of Spotify Preimum, the abilty to star songs AND listen to my music library accross my devices. Please actually fix this problem. 

And if no one here can't, please elevate my case to someone who can. 

@andrewfar wrote:

OKAY, this is seriously the worst customer service expiernece I've ever had. The "solutions" I have been given so far are all things I said I HAVE DONE MANY TIMES. I expressed my frustration and just recieved a response asking me to clear the cache and reinstall spotify on all my devices. I HAVE DONE THIS MANY TIMES AS WELL! 

Please actually solve this problem rather than giving me things to do that I have said from the begining and in my email that I have done. The "Starred" playlist on my account is broken and needs to be fixed. There's nothing I can do on my end. I am paying $10 a month and I am lacking one of the main features of Spotify Preimum, the abilty to star songs AND listen to my music library accross my devices. Please actually fix this problem. 

And if no one here can't, please elevate my case to someone who can. 

Your case is still in the system and will be escalated for you. We definitely should be able to get this fixed.

And we're sorry that the troubleshooting we've run through with you has been frustrating. We have to try to the basic things first to make sure it's not an easy fix (and most of the time, these steps work!)

Thanks for your patience.

Suggested posts