Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Still can't stop Spotify from opening on start up

Still can't stop Spotify from opening on start up

Hi

This has been mentioned before but I still cannot stop Spotify desktop opening on start up (on a Mac).

I use Spotify on a work computer so don't stay logged in, but it does not to seem want to remember the setting for not opening

spotify, it reverts back to 'Minimised' every time a log out then log back in again.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that doesn't work. Please tell me there is a fix coming for this, it's very frustrating!

I'm using the latest desktop version for mac.

3 Replies

Hello!

Have you done a complete reinstall, including wiping all the files in the library? Try using AppCleaner then install the app again.

In the case you have already done that, go to your System Preferences, then Users & Groups and select the Login Items tab. If you see Spotify there, try removing it from the list.

Hi!

Yes I tried Appcleaner, didn't work. Also going to Users & Groups works but I have to do it every time I log out. It does not remember the settings when I log out.

Are you using any betas for OSX or Spotify? That can affect the functionality of some features.

Suggested posts