Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Suddenly I can't import mp3

Solved!

Suddenly I can't import mp3

Hey!
All of the sudden I can't import any mp3 in my spotify playlists no more.

When I try to drag and drop something into my playlist or local data nothing happens,

I think it doesn't even recognize the data as mp3 because there is not the little "+" icon while I move the mp3 over spotify.

It began a couple of days ago and I can't figure out why and didn't find any information on that online. 

Anybody got advice? because that sucks big time :D!

Greetz!

54 Replies

Yep... same problem here.

Can't add any new local file.

Before the newest version I got, I could simply drag and drop new files in a new playlist.

Now, with the newset update "spotify 1.0.4.90.g0b6df40b", nothing happens.

This was one of my favorite features... I have so many local files that would never come to spotify and I want to listen to. 🙂

Use the search function. Search results will include your local mp3's as long as their location is included in preferences. Start playing the local mp3 from the spotify search result view. Then you can click and drag it to playlists.

Ok, I'll give it a go. Also how do you add devices now!? They've removed it from the drop down menu. Why???

Doesnt work, obviously

likewise! i can add them to my starred playlist but i can't add them to my "songs" in the your music section. 

UGH. why do i pay money for this service!

can't add mp3's.....
not good to use spotify as my main player:-/

If you go into local files on the left then you can drag it into your playlists 🙂

You are a genius and this worked perfectly for me!

Didn't worked for me. 😞
Still have the symbol that it is denied.

Version: 1.0.5.178

This is rubbish! Why do we need tricks to make a software WE PAY FOR work as it should?!

This doesnt work for me either. Help?

Come on Spoitfy this is ridiculous, its been months and not even an acknowldgement of the issue. Building software is hard I get it but a little customer service in these situations would go a long way.

Why is Spotify not able to fix this issue?!

Marked as solution

Alright

Go to Settings on spotify

Scroll down until you find Local Files. Activate it if its not already activated.  Make a new map on your desktop for saved .mp3/.mp4 files or whatever format you have that is supported on spotify.

Then above ur playlists there is a section called "Local Files" . Inside that list is all ur local files saved in that map you made for Local Files

I finally got bored of waiting for some kind of response on this issue and have reverted to an old version of Spotify as I couldn't wait any longer.

The steps for reverting are here http://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/wiki/1011060gc75ebdfd#wiki_reverting_to_an_older_version_.28without_....

Excellent work! I'll be trying this later. Thanks!

pinkflink is correct:

Go to Settings on spotify

Scroll down until you find Local Files. Activate it if its not already activated.  Make a new map on your desktop for saved .mp3/.mp4 files or whatever format you have that is supported on spotify.

Then above ur playlists there is a section called "Local Files" . Inside that list is all ur local files saved in that map you made for Local Files

After doing this, check out "YOUR MUSIC" on the left nav bar and it should be there. It will also be searchable if you type it into the search bar.

Hope this helps some people...

Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 4.54.33 PM.png

Thanks for this workaround, but this is a big problem for artists with lots of local files, some homemade without metadata so can't be easily searched locally. Need to be able to drag and drop into playlists - ease of adding local files is a big part of why i use spotify.

CANNOT BELIEVE SPOTIFY HAVE STILL NOT SOLVED THIS PROBLEM!!!  😞

Slowpokes...

I addressed this issue way back in March and drag-n-drop is still missing. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/You-can-no-longer-drag-and-drop-file...

On another note, it's a shame that Apple Music does not feature scrobbling yet.

Suggested posts